Friday, February 11, 2011

Theme of the day: JIVE

Yizzall bizzetter mizzove! The snow days are getting to me. Right now 5 kids (for real, just counted) are in my kitchen. I am hiding. FIVE kids, at least 4 of which have high IQs. Which means although they cannot individually best me ('cause I ain't no dummy), they can gang up on me. They just made lunch. With menus. And coffee. Seriously. No way I could make that up.

SO, I turn to Jive. Yes, Jive. Yes, I'm a white girl--or at least so far no blood relative has fessed up otherwise--but I was raised in the South and...yeah. Oran Juice Jones, "Walking in the Rain", now posted on my Facebook via YouTube. My step sister, "Ro" (we all get nicknames in blogland) is the ONLY other person in my universe who knows that song. And has it on her phone! Along with Double Dutch Bus by Frankie Smith...which also got linked on my FB. Izzokizzay! ADD then led my mind to the Jive scene from Airplane. What a hoot! (Translation: Wizzat a hizzoot!). Barbara Billingsly, may her "soul" RIP, nailed it.

I went into the kitchen and talked some Jive, sang a little, danced a little. My oldest asked to dance the polka, 'cause she is cool like that. I stole a sandwich from the sandwich tray. The Fab 5 trotted out the door with Walmart bags and a hammer. Yes, I gave the safety speech: "Don't put the bags on your heads 'cause you could DIE." and "Nobody plays with the hammer but Nature Boy." (Well it IS his hammer. File any complaints at YeahIsaiditblog.blogspot.com.

Just our version of a normal afternoon here in Dysfunction Junction.

No comments:

Post a Comment