Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Falling in Love With A Neat Guy

WARNING: I'm going to gush a little.

A Dozen Reasons Why I'm Head Over Heels for Neat Guy:
1. We're friends. He is intelligent, humble, funny, genuine, and respectful. I like him and I like sharing him. Seeing how much other people like him too will never get old.
2. We have great communication. We talk. Deep stuff, childhoods, current events, parenting, work, Lady Gaga...and that was just at breakfast one morning.
3. Neat Guy has an amazing sense of humor: Keen observation skills, a knack for comedic interpretation, and talent for honing in on absurdities and nuance.
4. We smile when we kiss. Kissing a wonderful person who you adore is happy business. And, he's a really terrific kisser.
5. His love is cozy, happy, gentle, protective, exciting, fun, and totally legit. Like skinny dipping in your own pool. With love like that the rest of the world doesn't seem as harsh.
6. He's wise. Intelligence paired with common sense and insight.  That's up a notch from smart. He attributes his wisdom to great parents.
7. He has really neat kids. His kids are "good people".
8. He is inventive, creative, and resourceful. I call him the Lawn McGyver: Waste not want not...he uses practical application to make outdoor life more comfortable and entertaining.
9. He's good with money. He has a fabulous budget that he shared with me. I admire it as a thing of beauty, with awe and lack of comprehension. Much the same way I looked at high school trigonometry before I withdrew and switched to a sculpture class.
10. He treats people with kindness, consideration, and patience. That's just how he is.
11. He has the manly ability to fix things and use tools. He fixed my bicycle, the AC in his car, my laptop...and he digs great holes for trees too.
12. He's humble. So he'll get all squirmy about this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment