Saturday, March 12, 2011

Malfunction Junction

In the past week: garage door confirmed it is indeed possessed, water line to icemaker launched sneak attack into my bedroom, and cell phone jumped into the toilet. Now none of them work. NONE!!! The prima donna garage door demanded a new electronic board thingy. Free, luckily, but don't tell her that. Just gotta call her fairy godmother to install it. The water...well, that's in progress with big fans and carpet pulled up in  1/4 of my bedroom and a hole in the kitchen wall. The phone is in the equivalent of ICU--a container of rice. I think it was suicidal in the first place, launching into a body of water like that and unable to swim. I don't blame myself. Obviously it had issues.
And something is on fire in Wagoner County. Not sure what. Probably grass--and who knows, it could be the fun kind. (Feds burn that stuff, right?)  Probably not a big deal. But the haze yesterday was unlike any I've seen since my last visit to L.A. and any kind of smoke sends my sinuses into lockdown. Ya. As a matter of fact I WOULD like some cheese with my whine.
The silver lining is...and I promised I would fess up...I met a very neat guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment